Friday 2 December 2016

Fashion Magazine Editorials





I have picked this editorial because it is one of the only one of my choices that has colour. The use of asymetric shapes and light substance of colour caught my attention. The look of the editorial has a retro feel and the choice of image is striking as it is a head shot with a detailed feature on the neck line.  


This next editorial I have picked because it has a fresh look to it, using a white background with light opacity images looks professional. The topic written about has a link to the ‘R’ in the centre of the left page, what really interests me about this is the image that has been placed into the letter.




This part of a magazine editorial inspired me to use their technique of a long image going across the page diagonally. The writing has been placed around the image to give it shape and structure,  I will use an image that links to the topic of my editorial and re-create this.





This editorial I have found is a spread over 4 pages, I chose to discuss this because of the collage effect with the images. As the images are cut in abstract ways the text is also very similar in the way it curves and slants. However this process could take a while on Photoshop.




I am intrigued by this editorial not for the writing but the images used, the layering of images over other images is something I will consider when making my own editorial. I like the font used for the title, how it looks written with water colour on the page.  












No comments:

Post a Comment